|Unit Length||>18 m|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
- Thermo Mechanically Treated steel or TMT bars as are more popularly known, is the ''new generation'' steel, that has high strengths not obtained in any other process of steel-making. TMT steel is manufactured by heating initially at 1200^0c, which is then austenitzied (the technical term used for the proceed of converting ferrite materials in iron to austenites), is then taken through a process called quenching that allows rapid cooling and conversion to maternsite, the high strength structure of steel.
- During the Thermo Mechanical Treatment, the steel bars are made to pass through a specially designed water-cooling system. The bars are cooled in water for a specific period of time such that the surface is colder than the inner core which remains hot. This makes the heat flow from the inner core to outer surface, causing tempering.
Withstands bending and re-bending, with mandrel diameter of 2D and 4D respectively (where D is the diameter of the bar) due to low carbon content and higher elongation, also making it easier to work with.
- Safe and economic, due to bendability, weldability and excellent ductility.
- The tempered martensic layer of the outer surface enables retention of strength in case of fire hazards and situations where temperatures rise up to 600^0c.
- The TMT process gives the bar superior strength and anti-corrosive properties.
- The soft ferrite-pearlite core enables the bar to bear dynamic and seismic loading, making it earthquake resistant.
- TMT bars have fine welding features allowing butt wending and lap-welding.
- The external ribs running across the entire length of the TMT bar gives superior bonding strength between the bar and concrete.
- The TMT Produced by PULKIT using Thermax technology produces uniform strength – the perfect ring around the bars.
|STANDARDS||IS 1786 - 2008|
|Corrosion Resistant Steel|
|Specifications||8mm to 40mm|
|NOMINAL SIZE MM||BIS STANDARDS WEIGHT PER METER IN KGS||TOLERANCE||PULKIT TMT BARS WEIGHT PER METER IN KGS|
|8||0.395||7%||0.370 - 0.390|
|10||0.617||7%||0.575 - 0.600|
|12||0.888||5%||0.845 - 0.880|
|16||1.58||5%||1.515 - 1.560|
|20||2.47||3%||2.400 - 2.450|
|25||3.85||3%||3.740 - 3.840|
|28||4.83||3%||4.700 - 4.800|
|32||6.31||3%||6.150 - 6.300|
|36||7.99||3%||7.800 - 7.900|
|40||9.86||3%||9.600 - 9.800|
|PROPERTY||MECHANICAL PROPERTIES (PERCENTAGE MINIMUM)|
|.2% Proof Stress / Yield Stress Min, N/Sqmm||500||530||500||530||550||570||550||550|
|Elongation, % Min on gauge Length 5.65 √a-A is cross sectional Area||12||18||16||20||10||16||14.5||14.5|